Types of entity
We work with advisors to create the bespoke structure required for each client and use various types of entity to facilitate the planning such as trusts, companies and partnerships. We are licenced to manage other types of structures such as funds although we always act in a Private client context. The jurisdiction or law of these structures is usually local, given that is the reason many come to Jersey in the first place. However, we are familiar with trusts, companies and partnerships that operate under the laws of a number of other jurisdictions. Find out more about our services
Our roles include acting as Trustee, Director, Non-Executive Director, Protector, Administrator, Nominee, Family office support, coordinator of advisors and undertaker of strategic reviews and support to families.
Our client base is international across various jurisdictions including European, North American, and African. We have particular expertise in managing structures for clients who are UK resident but non-domiciled. We also have specialist experience with clients with connections with the US or South Africa.
There is a wide diversity in the types of assets we own or administer depending on the unique circumstances of each structure and family. These include:
- Investment portfolio’s managed on a discretionary or advisory basis by managers
- Hedge funds, private equity / carried interest, limited partnerships and specialist investments
- Business assets such as operating or holding companies in a variety of industries, either pre or post IPO;
- Stakes built up in private or public businesses by families or senior executives;
- Commercial and residential real estate; whether for development, investment, or private use;
- Physical assets such as car or art / antique collections, chattels, furniture and other collectables;
Types of client
Our clients range from structures with third generation beneficiaries to first generation senior executives, entrepreneurs and investment managers (hedge fund/private equity executives). Some structures have moved to us from other institutions whilst others have been set up in line with professional advice. All however are looking for a personal individual service based on their specific and unique requirements and it is this bespoke service that we offer. Find out more about us